Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

EndNote X9 Error Reading Record

Hi

Recently purchased X9 for MacOs 10.14

Problem: Error Reading Record: PubMed Online Search 

Is there any solution for this yet?

Does this problem exists in Window 10 as well? 

Thank you

Contributor

Re: EndNote X9 Error Reading Record

I'm using the demo of X9 on a Mac. 10.13.6

I get the same, IF I start by double clicking on the EndNote library. Starting the EndNote program from your applications folder, then use File > Open Library to open the library should fix the issue.

Cheers

Steve

New User

I got the same problems receiving blocks of 20, 40 or 60 records ending with the message "Error Reading Records". This is annoying as I get only the recent 20 or 40 records which is not helpful when evaluating an oncology topic. I was unable to fix the problem; starting from the application and not from the file did not help. Any suggestions from the community?

New User

Hi,

Nope, not fixing the issue.

Highlighted
Contributor

Have a look here, particularly the comment about changing the folder locations:

https://community.endnote.com/t5/EndNote-General/EndNote-X8-2-build-13302-fails-to-import-references...

For me, this helped a bit. Once I edited the PubMed connection file (unticked the batch download option under "connection settings) it almost appeared normal. The error still appears, but nowhere near as much. e.g. a search on Pubmed would show the error after about 40 records - after the two items above I was able to retrieve more than 500.

The folder locations can always be changed back by clicking on the "endNote defaults" button.

Cheers

Steve