EndNote X9 MacOS Big Sur Beta compatibility issue

Hello,

I am currently running the latest version of EndNote (X9) on the public beta of MacOS Big Sur (20A5354i), however, EndNote does not seem to be working properly. The application does install, and shows up in MS Word properly, but I am uanble to open the standalone application window from the dock, neither when clicking “Go to EndNote” in MS Word.

Is this a known issue/does anyone have a workaround? I am willing to opt into beta testing if that’s a possibility.

I am required to use EndNote for my school so any help is appreciated.

Many thanks!

We are unable to support EndNote on beta or pre-release versions of any operating system. It is very common for operating system betas and pre-releases to be lacking in full feature functionality, so we would not be able to guarantee compatibility. We would suggest that you roll back to a supported operating system at this time.

If installing EndNoteX9Installer directly does not work, install the old version first, and then reinstall EndNoteX9Installer.

What a smug reply!

Clarivate, you should really have learnt from the last major MacOS update, where the same issue occured and continued to remain a critical issue for many users well after the release of the final version.

Pull you fingers out and get this sorted 

Dear Clarivate,

This is not a solution and rather a smug reply to an important issue.

Furthermore, this is a recurring issue since we were in the same situation after the last major MacOS update leaveing many researchers - like me, in a critical sitiation due to lack of compatibility with OSX updates.

Come on Clarivate pull your fingers out and get this sorted!

CWB