EndNote X9 released!

My reply to their official response. Not encouraging at all.

“It is a blame game with Apple and this is not acceptable. May eventually be forced to move to an EndNote alternative, which is a shame. For sure no reason to upgrade to ENX9 since the app has the same bugs and problems. Other referencing apps like Booknotes handle PDFs perfectly so unless Apple has it in for you it seems odd that for two years this has been an issue. The lack of any fixes sends a big message that you no longer really care about the OS X platform. I’m taking notice of that.

Best regards,

David

On Aug 15, 2018, at 1:15 PM, Technical Support – EndNote <RS.SUPPORT> wrote:

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Clarivate Analytics Customer Care.

I certainly understand how frustrating it’d be from a user’s standpoint to not be able to use the program that you paid for. I apologize for all the inconveniences caused to you.

As you are aware, we have on going issue with PDF viewer and crashing issue. This issue caused due to changes made in the Apple. I do agree with you that this may appear like a blame game on Apple however it is possible that Apple will release an update to Sierra and High Sierra that will include bug fixes for these issues, thus improving the PDF experience for X7/X8/X9 users without a release from EndNote.

Please note that we have been actively following up on the announcement of Mac OS compatibility with 32-bit applications and plans to address 64-bit compatibility for EndNote are underway. However, at this point in time, I do not have a time frame to provide on when that update would be released for EndNote. You should be able to use EndNote program.

Once again, we are terribly sorry for the trouble.

Sincerely,</RS.SUPPORT>