EndNote for Word 2016 for Mac.

I realize this sort of post doesn’t help much, but I just feel the need to comment.

It’s been 4 months since the Word 2016 beta preview was announced, and I’ve had Preview versions for at least a couple months now. The official version was released last week.

Yes, it’s true you can continue using Word 2011 for the Mac along side the Office 365 (2016) Word, but that’s no excuse for a company as big as Thomson Reuters not to have a working version, even just a beta version, of EndNote for Word 2016. For those of us who use FWYW, it simply means we can’t use the newer version of Word until TR comes up with something.

On my Mac, I have Yosemite, but the first public beta preview version of the next OS, El Capitan, was released last week. No, I’m not going to upgrade the OS to a beta preview for my primary, working computer, but the 3rd party Mac developers are already sending out upgrades of their software to be compatible with El Capitan, even though it won’t be official until September or so.

3 Likes