EndNote for Word 2016 for Mac.

We are now into September - are there any updates about the specific timetable to make the patch available for Word 2016?  To know the specific date of the release would be very helpful.

1 Like

Thanks for your note to us Gillian.  Having just had to go through producing two documents by going back to Word 2011, this is not a good workaround.  There are better formatting options for figures in 2016, and these get moved around and the whole document gets restructured.  This is really not a good workaround for now.

Please release the beta patch as soon as possible so we can begin testing it (even if it crashes occasionally its better than having to go back to 2011 for every doc to format the bibliography.)

Take care,

John

1 Like

My company is in a holding-pattern regarding deploying Office 2016 to our 250+ Macs. Our IT effort to migrate everyone from a static site licensing model to Office 365 has been stopped until we can fully support Word 2016 & CWYW. Hear that sound? Its the sound of our project screeching to a halt.

I’d really like to offer myself to beta testing the forthcoming EndNote X7 Word 2016 CWYW plug-in.

I signed-up for the Thomson EndNote beta test program.

The Thomson beta test sign-up form is beyond horrible. It was litterally useless. It has been abandoned for years.

• The versions of EndNote are outdated.

• The versions of Mac OS X are outdated.

• The versions of Microsoft Word are outdated.

Thomson need beta testers to beta test their own beta testing. Wow - that’s meta!

I mentioned this to Thomson three times over several months in the form of support tickets.  I am dissaponted that Thomson is becoming an Internet slum-lord.

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  We haven’t hosted a Beta program since the launch of X7 in 2013 and I imagine this form is from that program.  We unitentionally left it active. 

However, we are planning a Beta program form the new CWYW for Word.  Would you mind contacting me directly at ariana.townsend[at]thomsonreuters.com?

In the meantime, I will sort out thee existing form.  I apologize for not doing so sooner.

~Ariana Townsend

Thomson Reuters

1 Like

Dear all,

It is nearly mid-september. Any news about the patch for word 2016 on mac?

@admin: any hint on the approximate date?

@community: what is the best way to keep posted about the release?

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m am about to undertake a substantial research project and have a large amount of reference on the system which are now useless, unless an update is released asap.

Do we have any updates? Even Beta Updates would be something.

1 Like

By stating that you are “planning” a beta trial, does that mean that there isn’t one already? In other words, we’re not even close to a release date if a beta is still in the “planning” stage. 

With all due respect, the lack of transparency and coy references to a “fall release” are somewhat insulting. You are going to gain more ground with your loyal customer base by acknowledging the black eye instead of trying to cover it up with makeup and pretend that it’s not there.

BTW, the Windows version of Office 2016 goes public in 9 days. Is there a plan or that? If there is your customers certainly wouldn’t know at this rate.

Please be more transparent out of respect for the people paying your salaries.

2 Likes

Please friends, dont expect any sorts of professionalism and accountability from TR. I am still using Endnote, because I have prepared my PhD theis using it; otherwise there is no reason to stick with endnote. It is a very useful software, but now a days, we also need prompt customer service that TR fails to provide.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that EndNote X7 CWYW will (eventually) be compatabile with Word 2016, without requiring customers to buy EndNote X8 (or whatever the next major verison of EndNote will be named).

1 Like

Another voice in the chorus to get this taken care of!

1 Like

Its now September 14 2015. It would be good if Thomson Reuters would give us a head’s up on when or if Endnote will be able to interface with Word 2016. Its a courtesy that loyal (so far) customers expect and would appreciate.

1 Like

Waiting for Thomson Reuters to relese the update, is like waiting for the next season of Game of Thrones: you know it will come, but it will take them a year at least and there is nothing you can do about it!

I’m waiting too.

As a Mac User, one of the issues with Word 2011 is how old it is. Word 2011 for Mac is very buggy, which is why us users very rightly want to shift to Word 2016.  

I guess TR is failing to meet its own deadline to relase plug-in for mac. They promised to issue before fall starts (23rd september), only two days left yet no sign or annoucement from TR. I cant understand what are they doing?

1 Like

Just updated to Word 365 online and cant get Endnote to work.

Luckily, the 2011 Word version was still in the Application list in my Mac 

So with a click of a button, I switched back and could use Endnote again

Word 365 is a license model, not a software version.

-Word 2011

-Word 2016

Both of these have Office 365 licensing models available.

Currently, EndNote X7 CWYW plug-in only works with Word 2011. That’s the premise of this discussion.

The installation of Office 2016 does not remove previous installations of Office 2011 components.

Yes, the Microsoft Office 365 license provides the option to obtain the latest version of Microsoft Office. This is currently Microsoft Office (and therefore Word) 2016:

https://products.office.com/en-us/mac/microsoft-office-for-mac

It is possible to install a prior version of Office alongside version 2016 depending on your Office 365 license:

http://endnote.com/kb/136020

EndNote X7 is not currently compatible with Word 2016, but we are hard at work on a free update to address this. We will be providing updates as soon as we have more information. We are also in the process of rolling out a Beta program. We will update you with the details of that program shortly. If any of you would like to assist in the testing of the EndNote X7 Beta Testing for Cite While You Write in Word 2016, we can follow up with you individually.

1 Like

I have the office365 installed by the University.  Can I beta-test the endnote plugin, so I can use my Mac again?  Most of my job is writing/reading, and without Endnote it makes my computer almost useless.

Speak of the Devil. Microsoft relased its stand-alone (i.e.; non-365) version of Office 2016 for Mac today.