EndNote for Word 2016 for Mac.

I’m glad to hear that EndNote X7 CWYW will (eventually) be compatabile with Word 2016, without requiring customers to buy EndNote X8 (or whatever the next major verison of EndNote will be named).

1 Like

Another voice in the chorus to get this taken care of!

1 Like

Its now September 14 2015. It would be good if Thomson Reuters would give us a head’s up on when or if Endnote will be able to interface with Word 2016. Its a courtesy that loyal (so far) customers expect and would appreciate.

1 Like

Waiting for Thomson Reuters to relese the update, is like waiting for the next season of Game of Thrones: you know it will come, but it will take them a year at least and there is nothing you can do about it!

I’m waiting too.

As a Mac User, one of the issues with Word 2011 is how old it is. Word 2011 for Mac is very buggy, which is why us users very rightly want to shift to Word 2016.  

I guess TR is failing to meet its own deadline to relase plug-in for mac. They promised to issue before fall starts (23rd september), only two days left yet no sign or annoucement from TR. I cant understand what are they doing?

1 Like

Just updated to Word 365 online and cant get Endnote to work.

Luckily, the 2011 Word version was still in the Application list in my Mac 

So with a click of a button, I switched back and could use Endnote again

Word 365 is a license model, not a software version.

-Word 2011

-Word 2016

Both of these have Office 365 licensing models available.

Currently, EndNote X7 CWYW plug-in only works with Word 2011. That’s the premise of this discussion.

The installation of Office 2016 does not remove previous installations of Office 2011 components.

Yes, the Microsoft Office 365 license provides the option to obtain the latest version of Microsoft Office. This is currently Microsoft Office (and therefore Word) 2016:

https://products.office.com/en-us/mac/microsoft-office-for-mac

It is possible to install a prior version of Office alongside version 2016 depending on your Office 365 license:

http://endnote.com/kb/136020

EndNote X7 is not currently compatible with Word 2016, but we are hard at work on a free update to address this. We will be providing updates as soon as we have more information. We are also in the process of rolling out a Beta program. We will update you with the details of that program shortly. If any of you would like to assist in the testing of the EndNote X7 Beta Testing for Cite While You Write in Word 2016, we can follow up with you individually.

1 Like

I have the office365 installed by the University.  Can I beta-test the endnote plugin, so I can use my Mac again?  Most of my job is writing/reading, and without Endnote it makes my computer almost useless.

Speak of the Devil. Microsoft relased its stand-alone (i.e.; non-365) version of Office 2016 for Mac today.

please also send me the beta version. Thansks -Saewung

Yes–same here. I’d be interested in the beta version. Thanks.

Hello Jason,

What is required of users who participate in the Beta testing? I’m keen to get involved, could you send me more information?

Thanks, all the best!

Regards,

Chantelle

Well, beta testers would probably have to agree not to say any more nasty things about TR, for one thing…  :-) They should sign us all up immediately.

1 Like

I would also like to be included for the beta program.  what do I need to do?

“we are working hard”. Never have a common place has been more false and ridiculous.

I am an early adopter and I am waiting for EndNote to get a patch for the MSOffice 2016 so I can upgrade.  When do you think you will come up with one? I can volunteer to test it if necessary.  Meanwhile I am running both versions.  Thanks

Please, since I am following from page one, paid for the program, and having reaaaaaaally patience and already overcome two important papers, I would really like to be a Beta tester. 

Note: if any of us would be such a “hard worker” in any of our jobs we would have been fired long time ago.

1 Like