EndNote for Word 2016 for Mac.

On the 5th of March, 2015 Microsoft announced its newest Office version for Mac, The Office 2016 Mac Preview (download here). When can we expect the EndNote Plug-in for this new version of Word?

Kind regards,

2 Likes

It would be great to know about it. 

2 Likes

As always, I would never upgrade my word processing software when working with other add-ins until someone else has shaken out the bugs.  

2 Likes

I am also waiting for an Endnote for Mac update. I am keen to use Endnote with the new Word

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Me too!! Please an update!

2 Likes

Any chance of getting news?

2 Likes

So this is what that link says.  

Welcome to the new and modern Office for Mac! You will receive regular updates automatically until the official release in the second half of 2015.

So it hasn’t been released yet???

3 Likes

At this time, we are actively testing EndNote with the new Word for Mac 2016 Preview. Microsoft does not currently support third party add-ons in the Office 2016 Preview. Because of that, the EndNote tools will not load. As Microsoft indicates under “What else should we know about the Preview?” here:

http://products.office.com/en-us/mac/mac-preview

“Some features aren’t final or may not work. We recommend that you always download and run the latest update so that you are using the most up to date features.”

2 Likes

Dear Jason,

Thanks for the replay and the clarification. Hope having the final version soon, in the mean time Endnote works with MS Word 2011 fine

Dr. Ferrer

2 Likes

Ha, ha, ha! We seem to be in a vortex of the Universe in which what has been released has not ben released and what is non-existant is present.

Twilight Zone much?

1 Like

Thanks Jason.

Is Beta 2 (came out yesterday) now allowing to load add-ons?

1 Like

Are the new versions of Word 2016 for Mac compatible with add-ons?

1 Like

I would also like to know whether these newest versions can be used in some fashion with Endnote.

Please advise if there is a way to beta test Endnote with these new versions of Word.

1 Like

Just as a heads up. I upgraded office 2013 to the 20165 preview for PC 64bit and my endnote x7.3 is working fine with it in word anyway.

1 Like

No such luck with Word for Mac. We’re still waiting. I run windows on parallels and have updated Office 2013 to 2016, as well. Endnote works fine.

1 Like

OK, I’ve been using the Word 2016 beta but falling back to 2011 for changes to the bibliography. Today, I installed the first full-fledged production version , so I’m hoping that EndNote will soon release an update that supports it.

In fact, I like Word 2016 much better than 2011 for several reasons, but the integration of what used to be the Document Connection is probably one of its nicest features. So, with a new, Word 2016 compatible version of EndNote (preferably one that also permits use of custom bibliographic formats with the web database) would be very exciting.

(Actually, the way better screen management is in strong competition for my favorite new feature in Word 2016. It would be very nice if the new version of Endnote also addressed this issue and stopped spawning additional windows so often.)

1 Like

I always wonder why Endnote lags significantly behind major word processing software releases/changes. I swear just about the time all the changes in Endnote and WP gets worked out, 1 of the 2 or both change. A remedy for Word for Mac 2016 CWYW would be appreciated.

1 Like

Since official Word 2016 is out I think is time to release the update that works with it.

Thanks!

1 Like

So Jason - now that it is offically out, what is the timeline for the beta from Thomson?  I’ve been using alternatives for months with the beta of Word, and would like to get back to using Endnote.  Thanks!

2 Likes