Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor

Endnote 8 crashing application on Mac

Endnote (downloaded from my university) 18.0.0.12000

Mac 10.13.4

MS Word / Office upgraded today: 16.12 (180410)

I have had to start re-using this Mac after a few months, and thus had several updates.

After updating Office, Sierra, and Endnote i was unable to open any of my libraries. Here's what i have done:

• Moved my libraries into a separate folder. After each time Endnote crashes, it gives the option to NOT reopen windows, which i have selected.
  • I cannot open the program to uninstall it, so I removed the app, as well as CWYW in word (removed from templates/tools and from library).
  • No other versions of endnote on my computer.
  • Restarted a few times.
  • Reinstalled Endnote from my library (which is 8.0). But i cannot upgrade to 8.2 because ... the program crashes. There is only one version of the application on my computer.

Endnote is my favourite program in the world when it works. At times like this when i am basically paralysed it is a nightmare, 

any thoughts on next steps?

regards Geri

Visitor

Re: Endnote 8 crashing application on Mac

postscript

after talking w my university, they gave another link so i could download 8.2 directly.

• removed application 8.0
  • used CleanMyMac to remove all files
  • Installed 8.2.
  • Crashed the first time then opened.
  • Opened successfully the 2nd time. I closed the library that opened automatically (why does it do that, and how can i stop that from happening, in case it is related to a library?)
  • Went to set options. stopped auto sync, sharing - trying to keep it as vanilla as possible.
  • Did a couple of restarts.
  • Opened Endnote... and now it is back to crashing again.