Endnote APA 6th is not matching APA style guide

I see a new APA style for downloading (1-03-2019) and the journal and vol are italicized in it, so I would try that (mine was okay, so not sure why yours wouldn’t be).  Make sure your word document (and not the Endnote program) is set to use the new version.  Make sure you name that new version something different  when you save it, than the version you have now, or endnote will keep using the original.  (I named mine “APA 6th (1-2019)”.  

The underlying default font comes from your Word document. Endnote doesn’t specify a font.  Out of the box, it seems Word using Calabri rather than New Times Roman as the “normal” character style. 

From the Microsoft help pages:  

How to change the style of the default font in Word 2010

To change the style of the default font in Word 2010, follow these steps:

1. If you do not have a document open, create a new document that is based on the Normal template. To do this, click  File , click  New , click  Blank Document , and then click  Create.
  2. In the  Font  group, click the  Font  flyout.
  3. Select the options that you want to apply to the default font, such as font style and font size. If you selected specific text, the properties of the selected text are set in the dialog box.
  4. Click  Set As Default.
  5. Select the  All documents based on the Normal.dotm template?  option, and then click  OK.