Endnote X2 Mac - No CWYW in Word 2008 (German version)

Configuration: OS X 10.5.4, Endnote X2, Word 2008 12.1.2 (German version)

I tried several things to get CWYW to work in the German version of Word 2008 without success:

• I can activate the Endnote X2 and Endnote Web X2 Menu Items and toolbars in Word 2008 manually by adding the respective dot-files. However, clicking these items does not evoke any response whatsoever.

- I tried to use the Customizer (providing the correct path for both the Word Application file and the startup folder) as well as manually copying the Endnote CWYW Word 2008.bundle file to the Word startup folder and the Word add-ins folder without any effect.

- When using the Add-in menu item from the Tools menu in Word to set up add-ins manually, I actually could have activated the CWYW Word 2004 and X add-ins (which Word 2008 does not accept) but the Word 2008.bundle file cannot even be selected. I checked permissions for this file and as opposed to the other files, I have “adjusted permissions” instead of full read&write permissions although being logged on as administrator on my system and setting my permissions to “read&write” for the 2008.bundle file. Repairing permissions on the HDD did not change this issue. In summary, Word 2008 does not recognize the Endnote CWYW Word 2008.bundle file as an add-in library. 

I would greatly appreciate help with this issue.

Thanks

Martin 

Look at http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-general&thread.id=478 for a solution.