Endnote X2 ribbon doesn't appear to be in word 2007

Hi

I am using windows vista and word 2007. When I install endnote then it doesn’t have the endnote ribbon. I have check the add in in word option and it’s said Disable applicaiton add-in cite while you write. I tried to at the com add in screen. The Cite while you write is unticked. When i tick that the message apprear is The connected state of Office add-in registered in HKEY_Local_Machine can not be changed.

Can you please tell me what should I do in this case? Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards

1 Like

A solution to your problem below; spent half my day trying to sort this problem out and finally found this on the net!

Problem: While trying to format the bibliography of my thesis recently, EndNote managed to hang and crash Word 2007. When I restarted Word, the EndNote tab was nowhere to be seen.

Solution: The EndNote Cite While You Write Add-in had been disabled by Word due to its malfunction. Re-enabling the CWYW Add-in takes just a few steps. This only applies to Word 2007 for Windows, not earlier versions.

Start by clicking on the “Office” button in the top left corner of the Word2007 window (The fact that Microsoft elected to make that thing act as a button, with no label of any sort, is a topic for another rant). Under the Office button menu, click on “Word Options” at the bottom of the menu. That opens up the Word Options window. Click on “Add-ins”.

At the bottom of the list of Add-Ins, under “Disabled Application Add-Ins”, you can see the Cite While You Write add-in. To re-enable this, go to the Manage: menu. Change the menu from “COM Add-ins” to “Disabled Items”

Click Go, and you’ll get a new little window.

Click on the “Add-in: cite while you write (endnote cwyw.dll)” and then hit Enable.

After doing that, shut down Word 2007 and restart. The EndNote tab should re-appear and work like normal.

Link

http://umdendnote.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/how-to-make-endnote-x1-x2-work-with-word-2007/