Endnote X8.2 Application for Mac crashes when clicking a reference

I’ve been using EndNote for a very long time and X8 has honestly been the worst version I’ve ever used.  Everything was working fine and now I search for a reference in my EndNote library and as soon as I click on it in EndNote to view it, EndNote crashes.  I can’t edit the reference or anything.  It is not random either.  About every reference I click causes EndNote to crash.  I tried rebuilding the library but when it’s about done it says someone else is accessing the library (which isn’t possible because it’s on my hard drive and the library was closed when I tried rebuilding.  

It looks like it has to do with PDFs according to what I can gather from the report.  I’m not an expert at understanding the crash reporter, but here’s what it says:

Crashed Thread: 4 Dispatch queue: PDFThumbnailRenderingController_SharedThumbnailOperationQueue (QOS: UNSPECIFIED)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000c0000020
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

I’ve turned off Endnote Syncing.  I do not know what else to do.  How am I supposed to finish my Dissertation Proposal when I cannot use the citation software I’ve been using for almost 10 years now?

And to announce X9 is just a slap in the face after all of the problems of X8.  It should be a free upgrade for those of us with these major issues!

Please contact Technical Support directly

1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1 or

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/technicalsupport?language=en_US

You experience the crashing issues that most anybody on X8 and macOS10.13 experiences when using PDFs. It’s a complete mess and showstopper. 

Good luck with support. Their solution will be to make you detach the PDF folder, then you can “enjoy” your database without PDFs. 

Sorry I am so caustic. Clarivate has lost any credibility in my opinion due to the lack of help for Mac users. As I had stated elsewhere, even if Apple has a PDF bug in their system, Endnote programmers could code a workaround. But for some reason this is not happening, for more than 1.5 years now.