Endnote X8 - 'Closed unexpectedly'

Hi, I’m a brand new Endnote user, running X8 on Mac OSSierra 10.12.6. It’s been running nicely so far, I have just noticed one thing though. Whenever I close the programme, having synced with my online account and closing Endnote in the appropriate manner, I keep getting a pop-up window saying ‘Endnote quit unexpectedly’ and asking if I want to ignore or report the error. It shouldn’t do this I reckon as I’ve closed the programme  properly and synced with my online account before I do so. Can anyone explain why this would happen and if I need to do anything to remedy it? Thank you.

Greetings DITEM,

As a test, could you close your designated EndNoteSync library, create a test library by clicking “File>New”, add several references to this new library, then try quitting EndNote with the test library still open?  This test will help us confirm whether or not your synced library may be influencing the appearance of this error message.

Please let me know what you find.

Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same error message when closing EndNote. 

I am using  EndNote X8.2 (bld 13302) on an iMac (5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) running OS X 10.12.6.

I did the test with a test library. After adding several references to the test library, EndNote closed without the error message. Therefore, the problem would appear to be related to my EndNote library. However, I have no idea what the problem might be and therefore no idea how to go about fixing the issue(s).