Endnote crash when send to email

Hi everyone,

I work with endnote X8.0.1 and Windows 10.

I had to remove thunderbird and I have to use Outlook 2016 now. I had issues with Endnote when I click on “send pdf to email”.

My problem: When I click on “send pdf to email”, Endnote crashs (it says “Endnote stoped working”), and it restart.

I tried to do “repair” Endnote, I reinstalled Endnote but the problem is still there. I don’t know what to do.

Do you have an idea ? or a suggestion ?

Thanks for your help !

PS: When  thunderbird was installed, Endnote and Thunderbird use to work fine.

Outlook is also set as a default email client.

The issue could be the version of Outlook you are running. Thunderbird is a 32 bit version only software so that is why it works with the send pdf to email function without an issue. The 64 bit version of Outlook we have seen fail to function properly when trying to use the send pdf to email function.

So I would first check if you are running a 64 bit version of Outlook if so you will want to switch to a 32 bit version or go back to Thunderbird which will work as well.

@tmartin wrote:

So I would first check if you are running a 64 bit version of Outlook if so you will want to switch to a 32 bit version or go back to Thunderbird which will work as well.

I think you’re right because I’m running with Outlook 2016 64bits.  I got back to Thunderbird (32bits version) and it works fine.

Thanks for your input.

We have a similar problem which I suspect has the same cause.

After emailing a pdf the library is fine til it is re-openned then it opens as a read only locked volume (for some libraries) and  other libraries require a full recover/repair procedure before it works again (see attchment).

When is this likely to be resolved as we cant ask IT to change outlook just for Endnote users.

Thanks

Meg

damaged library.jpg

The issue might be different. Where are the libraries located?

Are they on a server or network share?

We have seen issues related to the location of the libraries so if the are remote you might trying moving them locally as a test.

I would recommend contacting Technical Support for more direct troubleshooting.

For help using EndNote

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)

+1-800-336-4474, press 4

or via the web at

http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/techsupport/