Endnote for Linux (Ubuntu)

Is it possible to install Endnote on Ubuntu Linux? Or maybe linux version exists?

1 Like

EndNote was not designed for Linux:

http://endnote.com/product-details/compatibility

However, at least one user was able to install a prior version of EndNote on Ubuntu Linux using Wine:

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/EndNote-General/EndNote-X4-and-Ubuntu-10-10-and-Trial-Version-It-works-with-Wine/m-p/16735

Technical Support would not be able to provide any assistance with this non-supported environment. If you wish to test this for yourself, I would suggest downloading the 30-day Free Trial: http://endnote.com/downloads/30-day-trial

1 Like

Dear All, Dear elsadati4

TRENSOFTY tested EN versions with several Linux distris several years ago. At this time :

O.S. Linux  with Ubuntu 16.10  /Rosa desktop /Linux Mint 18   all 64 bit. The wine installation works very well.

According to Jason´s answer and screenshots, it is possible to install ENX8 via Wine. The installation routine works very well. However one must download a trial version for linux because the T.R. ESD file/ENX8install.exe   doesn´t work with linux

After launching EN X8 and create a library, I earned the same  screenshots (jpg  files per separate mailing) with a bought ENX8 version

The search with pub med  yielded the references and they can be saved as usual.

According to the past posted answers (see Trensofty answers) , I  am investigating the connection with Libre office  and OXT extension of the new ENX8 version. Results and jpg files in due course.

TRENSOFTY

1 Like

As announced yesterday, I send the screenshots as jpg files.

Trensofty

1 Like

Part 2 as announced.

Trensofty

1 Like

I send a copy of my previous answer several years again.

Trensofty

1 Like

Any news on this matter? will we ever get endnote on Ubuntu??? Please don’t mention Wine

I wrote this sentence at the end of 2016.

According to the past posted answers (see Trensofty answers) , I  am investigating the connection with Libre office  and OXT extension of the new ENX8 version. Results and jpg files in due course.

_ TRENSOFTY _

_  Here the results: _

_ April 2018 _

At this time , I tested the ENX8 2.0  and the new  Libre Office 6.xx  with Wine 3.6  (Windows 10 in wine confg.) on my

Linux Test-PC  (64 Bit / 8 GB RAM).

O.S.   Linux Mint 18.3  Cinnamon  and KDE Neon 5.12.4

I tried to insert the oxt  in the L.O. 6.xx Extension manager. PC´s  answer (see attachment in German)

Translated in German:

The Extension (oxt  e.g. CWYW) cannot work on this computer. I found the same answer several years ago.

TRENSOFTY

Here the attachment:

Dear TRENSOFTY,

I noticed that one of your screenshots does not show the Group Name.

I encounter a similar problem with EndNote X8 installed wine 4.15, ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I am not sure how to resolve the display issue.

Dear TRENSOFTY,

I noticed that one of your screenshots does not show the Group Name.

I encounter a similar problem with EndNote X8 installed wine 4.15, ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I am not sure how to resolve the display issue.