Endnote update citations and bibliography updates lists of figures

Hi

Within the doc there are figures, tables and equations. For each new figure, table or equation I have given it a “caption” using the “insert caption” feature. Within the text, I have used the “cross reference” feature to refer to figures, tables or equations. Each caption is detailed, and explains / describes the figure, table or equation. Here is an example of one figure caption:

Figure 7.4: Treatment mean pre-dawn leaf water potential (Ψ) in MPa (a); mean maximum photosystem II photochemical efficiency (Fv/Fm) (b); and mean variable minimum fluorescence (Fv/Fo) (c) plotted against number of days since roots were severed. Asterisks in the inset matrix show significant differences between control and treatment (left hand side) on a particular day with the following significance codes;  * p ≤ 0.05   **p ≤ 0.01  *** p ≤ 0.001. Dashed lines denote mean soil water volume (%) throughout the study. Error bars show ± one standard error

Obvioulsy I don’t want this to appear in my “list of figures” at the front end of the document, so after I’ve inserted the “list of figures”, I’ve manually changed the text to:

Figure 7.4: Treatment effects on physiology

I’ve also reformatted the “list of figures”. The problem is, to be clear, when I “update citations and bibliography” using the Endnote plugin, the “list of figures” reverts back to the full figure captions and original formatting. The formatting is an easy fix, and I can live with that changing each time. But, each list consitutues an entire page in my thesis, and retyping it every time I add in or update another citation is becoming tiresome.

And yes, I’ve learned from the tiresome nature of the process to leave this step to the very end. However, I’ve since noticed that the date of one of my citations was incorrect. An easy fix in the Endnote library, but a laborious task in Word given the problems I’m encountering. I don’t imagine I’m the first to experince this, so any help is greatly appreciated, and I hope others can benefit, too.

Thanks again for yourhelp thus far