Endnote update citations and bibliography updates lists of figures

Hi

Within the doc there are figures, tables and equations. For each new figure, table or equation I have given it a “caption” using the “insert caption” feature. Within the text, I have used the “cross reference” feature to refer to figures, tables or equations. Each caption is detailed, and explains / describes the figure, table or equation. Here is an example of one figure caption:

Figure 7.4: Treatment mean pre-dawn leaf water potential (Ψ) in MPa (a); mean maximum photosystem II photochemical efficiency (Fv/Fm) (b); and mean variable minimum fluorescence (Fv/Fo) (c) plotted against number of days since roots were severed. Asterisks in the inset matrix show significant differences between control and treatment (left hand side) on a particular day with the following significance codes;  * p ≤ 0.05   **p ≤ 0.01  *** p ≤ 0.001. Dashed lines denote mean soil water volume (%) throughout the study. Error bars show ± one standard error

Obvioulsy I don’t want this to appear in my “list of figures” at the front end of the document, so after I’ve inserted the “list of figures”, I’ve manually changed the text to:

Figure 7.4: Treatment effects on physiology

I’ve also reformatted the “list of figures”. The problem is, when I “update citations and bibliography” using the Endnote plugin, the “list of figures” reverts back to the full figure captions and original formatting. The formatting is an easy fix, and I can live with that changing each time. But, each list consitutues an entire page in my thesis, and retyping it every time I add in or update another citation is becoming tiresome.

I usually leave this step to the very end. However, I’ve since noticed that the date of one of my citations was incorrect. An easy fix in the Endnote library, but a laborious task in Word given the problems I’m encountering. I don’t imagine I’m the first to experince this, so any help is greatly appreciated, and I hope others can benefit, too.

Thanks again for your help thus far