Endnote x9 disappearing from word 2016 (windows 10)

Hey guys,

I have a problem with Endnote x9 add in doesn’t appear in word 2016, i already did everything that i saw in topics. In  File > Option > Add-ins, the “Cite While you Write” add-ins appears in the active Application Add-ins, but i can’t see the Endnote x9 toolbar. 

I already tried to install and uninstall  both of them but it still does not show up. All that i see is a Endnote toolbar (from  my endnoteweb).

I tried to Go to the File Menu and choose “Options.”
Select “Add-Ins” from the list at the left.
At the bottom of the Add-Ins page, there is a “Manage:” dropdown list. Leave this on “COM Add-ins” and select Go.
On the COM Add-Ins page, Select the EndNote item and click the “Remove” button.
Next choose the “Add” button.

And still doesnt work…

Please help me 

I have a similar problem. I am using EndNote X9 (Build 12062) and Word in Office 365 Version 1811 (Build 11029.20108 Click-to-run). I reinstalled EndNote 9, and the add-in doesn’t appear in the add-in boxes of Word.

Richard

If you are seeing the EndNote online toolbar then you should be able to switch the toolbar or tab to EndNote desktop by uisng the steps from our website:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Seeing-EndNote-online-Web-tools-instead-of-EndNote?language=en_US

If this does not help to resolve the issue:

Please contact Technical Support directly

1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1

or

https://endnote.com/contact/

Dear Gushr,

please give me following infos:

• What a Operating System (O.S) are you using?

-Have you installed at first Word 2016 and then EN X9.

• 32 Bit or 64 Bit

• Are you administrator on your computer?

I am using windows 10 Pro as O.S. and 64 Bit. I have no problem with Word 2016  or Office 365  and EN X9

(see attachment 1).

I installed Word 2007 or Word2010 via Wine 3.03 and EN X9 and I have no problem with the insertion of Endnote X9 too.

Please try :

• Drive C  go to program files  X86(see attachment)/Open Program files/ click Configure Endnote/you will see the window EN Configuration (see Attachment 2).

After the successful configuration , click finish and restart your computer.

The EN X9 will be appear in Word 2016 and it ´ll stay and works.

Attachment 2

Attachment 3

OS Peppermint 9.0 /64 Bit/ Linux with Word 2007  via Wine .03

EN X9 extension is inserted  and works  to a " little extent" ( see attachment 4) e.g. "insert citation " or “insert selected citation” gives :

No error message is avaible.

Old known problem with Endnote versions and Linux.

Attachment 5 with EN X9  instead EN X8  (Linux ) OS Peppermint 9 64 Bit