Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

Find Reference Updates fails to find metadata

Hi there,

I have been running Endnote X8 for a few years now. One of my common workflows is to save a PDF to a temporary folder, have Endnote import and find the meta data such as authors, title etc. I have noticed that in the last week, this workflow is broken and I just get the DOI and "filename as a title".

I have also tried to right-click and use Find Reference Updates but I don't get anything.

I have tested this inside and outside of our corporate firewall and it doesn't make any difference.

I am running Endnote X8.2 build 11343 on Windows 10 build 15063.1446.

Is anyone else seeing the same problem?

An example DOI would be 10.1051/matecconf/201818801013

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

New User

Re: Find Reference Updates fails to find metadata

I am having the same problem. 

To update the reference with DOI is the main reason why I continue to use Endnote. Does the admin have the solution?

New User

I have contacted the support team and they have said they are investigating but do not have a timeline for a solution at the moment.

Looking back through changes to my computer, it seems to coincide with a set of Microsoft updates that were rolled out to us in mid-November. But that is just guessing.

New User

Have the same issue here and can't find a valid solution online. Have tried on my Mac and Windows, with both Endnote X8 and X9.

I have tried to replace the CrossRef connection according to an ealier thread but does not work. My scenario is that even though I provided title and DOI, "Find reference update" does not work at all, nothing can be found.

Any suggestions are sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

Best,

James