Finding broken attachments bug in X7

PLEASE release the fix for this annoying bug ASAP - every time I import a new reference X7.0.1 searches for broken attachments! I have to either wait for it to finish or cancel and say yes every time.

How could you release the software  with this obvious and annoying bug without catching it? And been aware of it since at least 6/19 and not yet released a patch?

One other suggestion - can you please have Endnote automatically save an imported reference when I go back to show all references, instead of telling me do you want to save it or you’ll lose changes? I don’t see any circumstance where I’d want to import a reference, add attachment and not save it! Or am I missing something completely?

This bug was confirmed by a moderator in the EndNote Product Suggestions section:

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/EndNote-Product-Suggestions/Finding-broken-attachment-function/td-p/43297

and it was said that it would be fixed in a fortcomming update patch.

Unfortunately, it is still present in X7.0.1 and very irritating when you have a large library with many pdf files attached.

Best wishes

Jan Ove

Indeed, not only does it persist in X7.0.01 which is hard to understand, it is also mistaken about broken attachments. For me, it continually brings up two references: one never had an attachment; the other does and it is indeed attached and can be opened from Endnote.

Ive download the update today, which I was hopingwould have fixed this problem but it hasnt. whats happening oto get this problem fixed? I cant believe this problem still isnt fixed with the update.

Ive download the update today (7.0.2), which I was hoping would have fixed this problem but it hasnt. whats happening oto get this problem fixed? I cant believe this problem still isnt fixed with the update.

Come on, get it sorted will ya.

bump!

This bug is starting to wear on me. It is just one of those things that can drive you mad. 

Is there no way to improve the situation while we are waiting for a fix?

I had support from TR on another issue, mentioned this, and he said 

"Regarding the lag due to broken attachment, I have reported this issue to our development team. They are currently working to find a fix to this problem.

We at Technical Support are not aware of when this issue would be resolved. We expect this to be resolved in the next update for EndNote X7. "

Now that I see this thread I am wondering how hard it really can be to fix… :confounded:

I am wondering if there have been a fixed released for this issue yet. I am running X7.0.2, Window version and it is still happening. It does not happen when I am on my Mac. 

I have applied the 7.1 update and it is still happening on my Mac. No idea why.

This bug is really annoying. Does anyone know if the development team are close to fixing it (or indeed even working on a fix)?

3 years later - was there ever a fix for this?

I’m still getting it - it’s infuriating and really slows down my working.

thomson reuters/clarivate analytics clearly give no f***s