How do I change styles?

That’s right. Unformatting automatically turn off “Instant formatting” option. Also, unformatting removes traveling library, and cause problems if the document is shared by multiple users. By the way, I’m not a big fan of instant formatting, because I write very often temporary citation with {ref} or {rf}, and just keep writing. If instant formatting is on, everytime I type {ref}, Endnote asks me which citation, and that’s quite annoying, and I feel it is a distraction for writing. Most of the time, I know which citation I have in my mind, so I don’t need to enter the exact one from Endnote each time. I just need the location of references. Instead of working back and forth between Word and Endnote, I want to focus on the writing the context. If I’m not sure about the reference is available in my library, I type {look for ref} or {search ref} just like leaving a note. Then, once I feel comfortable about the contents and context, I switched to Endnote and focus on entering precise references. It’s just the way I’ve worked so far, and personal preference, you know…

Best,

Message Edited by myoshigi on 10-30-2008 10:29 PM