How to Use CWYW Endnote x7 rather than EndNote WEB

I previously installed the endnote MS word plug-in (CWYW EndNote X7) and life was perfectly cool

till i had to re-install the MS word plug-in agin after a pc got corrupted.

This time around, I had Endnote WEB for citations while using word.

Am currently using office 2013.

But honestly speaking i’d rather prefer the offline version of CWYW to EndNote Web.

All attempts to change this has proved futile.

even after uninstalling and re-installing for several time.

I would therefore appreciate any help or suggestions in getting back my offline version of CWYW.

Thank you.

1 Like

In the MS Word ribbon locate the Endnote tab and click on “Preferences”. In the pop-up dialog box click the “Application” tab and click the pull down menu to change the application from Endnote online to Endnote (desktop). Click the OK button to close dialog box. (Refer to attached image.)

2 Likes

Thanks @Gecko for the quick response.

However, am not able to change the prefernce of my application.

It looks like its been locked for editing. 

see picture.

many thanks

1 Like

Sorry but there was no screenshot attached. Am assuming you are unable to click the “Preference”  pull down menu to change the setting to “Endnote”. If you’re unable to do so, suggest you bypass the forum and contact tech support:

Technical support

For help using EndNote

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)
+1-800-336-4474, press 4

Submit a technical support request

International support contacts

Login to Chat

1 Like

Hi. 

Am having the same problem. Would love to hear if you got this solved.

(I cant change to Endnote X7 in Preferences/Application. Only “Entnote Online” marked in gray, with no access to scroll down")

CP

1 Like

Hi Again.

I solved it. For anyone else, this worked for me:

1. In Word (2016) I removed the addin through File menu and select Options/Add-ins.
  2. Selected COM Add-ins and clicked GO.
  3. Checked (only) the Endnote CWYW box and clicked Remove
  4. Then closed Word and Endnote
  5. I then ran the “Configure EndNote.exe” from the EndNote software Folder (you get a selection to re-install CWYW application).
  6. Since the Entnote ribbon was not visible after restarting Word, I opened the Options/Add-ins:
  7. Selected COM Add-ins and clicked GO
  8. Then clicked “Add”
  9. Went to the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ResearchSoft\Cwyw\17\ and selected the file “EndNote Cwyw.dll” (In my computer there was also a folder c:\Program Files…\Cwyw\18\ with the same file but i feard this was the latest “Online version” of CWYW so i stayed away from that).

I now got the ribbon with Endnote back and I am able to select between Endnote Online and Endnote (Desktop) in the Preferences/Application.

CP

1 Like

I also do not know to use it

1 Like