01-04-2021 01:39 AM - edited 01-04-2021 03:29 AM
I tried to export references from my Endnote library to excel.
I chose the references, then copied and pasted the information into an excel spreadsheet.
But all the information is displayed in a single row. How can I fix this problem?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-04-2021 05:07 AM
Hi. To export references from Endnote to an Excel spreadsheet properly, you need to change the output style to "Tab Delimited". And if the information is not displayed properly when pasted to an Excel spreadsheet, you may need to remove carriage returns before copying the information from Endnote.
You may find steps for exporting references from Endnote to an Excel spreadsheet at:
But if you find the information pasted is not displayed properly, you may need to remove carriage returns. Try again with the steps below:
1) Save a back up of your Endnote library before making any changes
2) Select the references you would like to export
3) Click "Edit" (for X9 or earlier version) / "Tools" (for Endnote 20) to change the output style as "Tab Delimited"
3) Click "Edit" (for X9 or earlier version) / "Library" (for Endnote 20) > "Find and Replace"
4) Choose "Any Field"
5) Click "Insert Special" and choose "carriage return"
6) Type "-//-" under "Replace with"
7) Click "Change"
8) Then, click "Copy Formatted" from Edit (for X9 or earlier version) / References (for Endnote 20) to copy the information of your selected references
9) Paste the information to an Excel spreadsheet
2 weeks ago
These instructions do work for me to export to Excel from EndNote 20 -
But the list of authors in each reference goes crazy - the -//- gets jammed between every name.
A. K.-.-G. Regan, M.-//-Magnus, M. C.-//-Haberg, S. E.-//-Ball, S.-//-Malacova, E.-//-Nassar, N.-//-Leonard, H.-//-Pereira, G.