How to solve the problem" This filename is too long. Please use a shorter name" in renaming the file attachments?

An error message appears when I rename a file attachment such as a pdf file. The error message is “This filename is too long. Please use a shorter name.”  Now the version of endnote I using is X7.1. However, such error messages never appears before this version. How I solve this problem?

How “deep” is you library in the structure of your drive?

Windows has a limit in length of filenames which include the entire path (foldernames) to get you there.  Endnote files these PDFs in sub-subfolders of folders where the library resides, and it isn’t hard to get them to be too longs.  

Have you tried using the PDF renaming tools of Endnote? 

Long Path Tool help me a lot when i have an issue like file deleting or renaming the file. Also good to use if file name and file extension is too long.

Long path tool is the very good program for error, unlock solution. Try it and solve your problem. I used long path tool and I solve my error, unlock problem solution.

If File Path is too long then I would like to suggest you, try Long Path Tool program to resolve this issue.