Is EndNote basically...done?

I appreciate those who took time to weigh in with their thoughts. Two weeks after the original post, I think the answer to my question is a resounding “yes”.

The original intent of asking was to provide an additional piece of data into my decision-making as to whether to hold out hope that Clarivate would eventually get its act together with EndNote, or whether I should move on to something else. I have since moved on to ReadCube, and so far I’m loving the enhanced functionality (and the Android app!)

FWIW, the answer to my question wasn’t necessarily pre-determined. As a longtime user of Quicken, I have seen an example of another legacy/decades-old software that was facing some of EndNote’s same challenges, but was successfully turned around (due to spinoff by Intuit and move to a subscription model). I was hoping that Clarivate would take the same approach as Quicken with its revamp, but EndNote seems too-far gone to be worth the trouble for anyone who’s not already deeply invested in the ecosystem.