Is endnote X6 compatible with Word 2013?

In the requirements&compatibility page, there is no info about the compatibility with Word 2013.

Do you know it is compatible or not ?

EndNote X6 is not officially compatible with Office 2013 but preliminary testing has not uncovered any major issues.  If you are using the 64 bit version, I recommend you contact support for installation tips if you have any trouble since that version may require a manual installation.

- Tilla, the EndNote team

It works fine for me on 2013

Could you please post the installation instructions here for myself and the inevitable many others who would like to install CWYW into Word 2013 64 bit?

Hello Whitebloodcell,

Here is the Knowledge Base article concerning instructions for adding tools to Word 2013…
http://help.thomson.com/default.asp?portalid=TSC&article=126327

These should be the instructions you’re looking for.

Thanks!

Steve

Thank you for the link to the instructions, I had however already done this and other steps (E.g. registering the dll with regsvr32) to no avail. Endnote Cwyr.dll is listed as active, however the Endnote Cwyr.dotm Template disables itself on program start, and will not remain activated after being set manually. Endnote Web Cite-While-You-Write plugin is working currently. Do the two conflict at all? Or is there anything else I can try? Please let me know if there is any further information, screenshots etc which may help solve the problem. 

Actually, the Web tool and the Desktop tool are the same.

In the EndNote Web tab in Word, click Preferences.

In the Preferences window, click Applications.

Here, you should find the toggle to switch between the EndNote and EndNote Web versions of the tools.

This just changes the pointer for where the citations are coming from.

I do hope this helps.

Thanks!

Steve

Sorted, thanks!

I’ve been testing Endnote X6 with Office 2013 on a Windows 8 PC and find that I receive error messages when I try and insert a figure. Says cannot edit range.  Has anyone had similar problems?

Sam

Hello Sam,

As mentioned in this article, the Figures function is not currently compatible with Word 2013:

http://help.thomson.com/default.asp?portalid=TSC&article=126327

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Thomson Reuters

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
thomsonreuters.com

Thanks for that.  Do you know if EndNote 7 will solve the problem??  If so is there an expected launch date for that?

Thanks in advance, Sam

Yes - this issue should be addressed with EndNote X7 as we are planning full Word 2013 CWYW compatability. Version X7 for Windows should be available by the end of May.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

I highly recommend to my students that they avoid using Endnote’s insert figure “features”.  The Word handling of these is so much more adaptable.  

Hi,

I experience a significant slowdown of CWYW actions. Turning off hyperlinks etc improved it slightly, but it is still very slow. It happens on inserting and also when cutting text to scroll up/down to insert it somewhere else. These actions are prevented until Endnote is done. Effectively the waiting times destroy any coherent line of thought while writing.

Can I assume that this is a known problem and will be fixed with X7?

Thanks, Mel

Win7 32bit, Word 2013, Endnote X6

Thanks so much for these posts - they were very helpful and Word 2013 works for me now with EndNote X6 - yay! 

Regards Kim

I experienced the same problem. I now updated to Endnote X7 but the problem remains. It takes forever to insert a new footnote-citation via the CWYW-tool. The same is true when I edit a citation (e.g. add a “Cited page” via the menu). Is there any solution for this or do I need to change an option?

I run Endnote X7 and Word 2013 with Windows 7 on a Pentium Dual-Core 2,1 GHz and 4 GB Ram.

In my endonote toolbar for word 2013 endnote desktop tool options is not even shown in preferences and applications.

How can I bring that in so that I can switch between web or desktop tool

Thak yor for your suggestion. I have follow those steps already. Finally it’s done. :smileyvery-happy:

Hi,

I have Microsoft Words 2013 and EndNote X7 installed on my WIndows 8, 64-bit laptop, however, I could not see the EndNote tab on Words. I have tried to follow the instructions on http://help.thomson.com/default.asp?portalid=TSC&article=126327 but it is not working. Any suggestions?

Did you follow your link to this one?  (or to the one in this line, if the ribbon was there, but disappeared).  

EndNote X7 and Word 2007/2010/2013