Need a reference re: EndNote versions

I have been asked to lead a hands-on EndNote session at a conference in which people would bring their own laptops and follow along as I show them various tips and tricks. Naturally, not every potential audience member has the same version of EndNote, so I’m trying to decide what the oldest allowable version should be (so that I don’t end up showing them a bunch of things that they can’t do on their own machines).

Is there a list or table somewhere that summarizes the major differences between each EndNote version and its predecessors? I’ve done some Googling but haven’t found such a thing so far.

Thank you,

Steve Palmer

Can you ask in a survey?  – there are a couple other things you need to watch out for.  Macs and the PC versions of MSWord 2003 and earlier have the old style toolbar and Word 2007/10 (and 13?) have the ribbon. 

I wouldn’t go any further back than to X4 which has find full text and a simple group structure. Anything older the X4 I would not support (and after X7 comes out, neither will TR). 

searching the internet for “what’s new” and Endnote  brings up Queensland University webpage for certain versions and there are probably some others I didn’t investigate. 

Are you asking whether I can survey attendees in advance? I can’t, because I don’t know who they will be.

Good point about the different versions of Word. I’ll definitely have to specify 2007 and later.

One of your colleagues just sent me a chart of the features that every version from X2 to X6 does or does not have, which is exactly what I needed.

Steve,

Please let me know if you have other specific questions and/or if the EndNote team can help support you for this presentation.

Feel free to contact me directly.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

jason [dot] rollins [at] thomsonreuters [dot] com