No opening "delivery window" when using a database (EBSCO) to export results to EndNote

Dear colleagues

I have a student that is trying to export the results of a surch in some EBSCO databases to EndNote library, but when she saving the results the “delivery window” doesn’t open, so she can’t finish the export operation.

I saw that someone had the same problem here in the forum, but it was with a Macintosh and this problem is with Windows. Even so, I tryed to follow the suggested instructions but it didn’t work.

Thank you very much,

Pedro Novais

Is Endnote open or closed?  Try it with the opposite. and try it with a different browser.  Also make sure the  Export helper is installed?

Sorry for replying so late. I was out of office…

Thank you for your suggestions, I will ask the student and tell and tell you if it is working.

Thank you,

Pedro Novais

Dear Leanne

I’ve tested with the student the items you’ve suggested, but one. It is not working.

We tried with the EndNote open and close. The Web Export Helper is installed. We just didn’t try with another browser she is using Firefox), because it is not working (tomorrow we will desinstall the browser - Internet Explorer - and install it again).

She has the SPSS (15) installed and I remember that there was some incompatibility with EndNote. Could it be this?

Pedro Novais

Ever installed zotero, which can intercept the export?

No, she never installed zotero.

silly me, searching for EBSCO reveals these threads

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-files&message.id=83&query.id=130765#M83

and

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-howto&message.id=971&query.id=130769#M971

and maybe others!

Dear Leanne

Thank you for your suggestions. I’m waiting for the student to come here to the Faculty, so I can test it.

Thank you!

Pedro Novais

Dear Leanne

I’ve tryed everything, but it still doesn’t work. The Web Export Helper simply doesn’t appears when I Save the references in EBSC…

I don’t know what to do…

Pedro Novais

Have you called Tech support?

No, not yet, but I’ve tryed now with another browser (Opera) and it worked!

Mozilla…

The student is satisfied with Opera.

Thank you,

Pedro Novais