Not able to import Author names from medline (OVID)

Hi

I am a new user to Endnote and have tried importing references from Medline (OVID).

When I import these references the author names do not appear. I have tried doing both a direct export and using the reprint/medlars section in the result format and they both do not work.

When I imported references from Cinahl the author names did appear.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

Jen

Hello Jen,

I have tried to import  references from Medline (OVID) into EndNote X3 and I have no problems. 

Unfortunately, I have no suggestions to solve your problem.

Bye, Sabine

If you want to import medline references, why don’t you use connection to pubmed?

Perhaps the filter or connection file have been changed unbenost to you?  Try downloading a new one from the endnote.com website?

Perhaps the filter or connection file have been changed unbeknownst to you?  Try downloading a new one from the endnote.com website?

You can download a filter from our website. Make sure that you read the instructions there about how to select and export the records from Ovid Medline.

If you are new to EndNote, you probably also need to read this FAQ on folder locations.

Many of the problems with direct export from Ovid result from the fact that Ovid is finding a different filter in your EndNote filters folder and using that. Direct export from Ovid works differently from direct export from other databases.

John,

Thank you  for your help.

Not sure what I did that worked but I deleted the autoalerts (ovid) and downloaded the filter. I am not even sure if I downloaded it correctly but am just happy I can now do a direct import of the authors names.

Cheers

Jen