Problem downloading attachments to iPad app under iOS 11

Additional information for my earlier posting on crash problems with iPad Pro (iOS 11.1.1, 512 GB):

1. Through many, many restarts of the synch with EN Web, I was able to get the number of attachments from my EN Web library increased to ~2500.  However, the crashing became so frequent (usuall when iPad EN was trying to upload attachments) that nothing further could be downloaded.

2. I deleted the app from tha iPad and reinstalled.  I re-downloaded the library (6488 records, 6521 attachments).  The iPad crashed after downloading the entries.  I restarted and EN iPad showed a dialog box that claimed to be re-indexing the library.  I let this process go to completion and then tryed to download more attachments.

3. Now, the iPad app crashes after downloading about two record attachments.

4. When I say the app crashes, what I mean is that the EndNote screen disappears without freezeup or warning.  When I look at the iOS 11 task switcher, the EndNote program appears to still be running.

5. Before I started this process last night, I tried uploading an older Mac OS X EndNote X8 library that holds all of my research.  Mac EN refused to sync this library to EN Web and instructed me to contact Thomson Reuters (Clarivate??) Technical Support.  I created a new library, deleted everything from my Web library, and set Mac Endnote to synchronize the new library to EndNote Web.  I slowly copy/pasted all of my former, corrupted library to the new one and syncronized everything into the EndNote web library.

This situation is rediculous.  I bought a very expensive top-tier 12 inch iPad Pro specifically to read and annotate literature  when I am commuting to/from university, as well as other times when I have a few moments to kill.  While the iPad EndNote has less restrictions (in theory) on what I am allowed to do with my literature library, it effectively is still a broken application.  Based on my experiences during the last 24 hours, this verion of iPad EndNote is little different from the first version that was released years ago.  Right now, if somebody else was selling a more stable suite of programs for the Mac OS X desktop and iPad, I would pay just about any price to walk away from EndNote and the galcial pace of its support.  I have tried Papers, Sente, Mendeley, and Zotero already.  Most of those programs are either equally buggy, abandoned by their developers, or obviously on their way to being dropped.