Reference Update Not Sticking

I have Endnote20 (build 14672).  I import a reference without any problems.  I then “Find Refernce Update” and a pop-up appears with suggestions in blue (left side with filled in blue fields; right side with empty blue fields).  I click on “Update All Fields” (or “Update Empty Fields”) and a bar apppears (“Indexing PDF”) and the whole pop-up disappears after a second or two.  I am unable to “Save and Continue” as I have in prior versions.  It appears that the fields get filled in, but the pop-up closes and the changes are not saved.

Any advice?

4 Likes

We are working to resolve this issue with Find Refernce Update. You can copy over the changes manually on the Find Refernce Update window that appears and then save the changes until the issue is resolved.

3 Likes

any updates on the status of this?  It is still an issue.  It makes it quite laborious to update all of the missing or incorrect fields.

Thanks,

2 Likes

Any updates on the status of this?  It is still an issue.  It makes it quite laborious to update all of the missing or incorrect fields.

Thanks,

1 Like

Any updates on the status of this?  It is still an issue.  It makes it quite laborious to update all of the missing or incorrect fields.

Thanks,

1 Like

Thanks,

1 Like

Looking for an update as well. Quite time consuming to copy and paste each field into the text boxes. Zotero is free and does this automatically. It would be great if endnote could extract the information from attached PDFs automatically. If not, at least the “update all fields” button should work. Hoping to hear an update soon. This product has been more time consuming than helpful lately and I’m pretty disappointed. I’m spending more time to get things working properly than on actual research, which is the whole point of this software - to streamline the research process. 

1 Like

I am also having this issue. It does not save the updates. Additionally, when I do try to copy and paste the fields (which, by the way, is cumbersome and time-consuming), it makes a “ping” sound like there is an error and does not allow me to paste. 

Therefore the only solution to this would be to manually re-type each field. This is not time-saving for researchers - it is time-wasting. Please make it a priority to fix this feature.

1 Like

Dear Clarivate,

This is a critical issue now ongoing for more than 6weeks making the EndNote experience much disappointing. How could it have possibly escaped attention of beta tester of EndNote '20 shall remain a mystery. But anyhow, in the name of all those affected, please fix it now.

1 Like

I just upgraded from a previous version to endnote 20’ and this bug in updating reference is so disappointing, making my purchase a disaster, since it actually makes me work harder!

This should have been high priority fix.

Hellloooooo…

Silence…

1 Like

Also discussed here…

https://community.endnote.com/t5/EndNote-General/Find-reference-update-doesn-t-update-the-fields-endnote-20/td-p/155416

No solution for now. And it’s been more than 3 months it has been reported.

1 Like

Thanks,

1 Like

Thanks,

1 Like