Reference library not properly converted by EN 9.3.1, error "This library is currently being used by someone else. Try opening it again later"

Hello from Germany,

I successfully upgraded to EN 9.3.1 on a MacBook 12" under Mojave 10.14.6. When opening EN 9.3.1 on my reference library for the first time, it converted it to a library which, unfortunately, was empty. When I try to open my earlier library (which previously used with EN 9.2 contained > 7,000 references) a message appears that EN wants to convert the library into a EN 9.3.1 readable version, but soon after a message appears “This library is currently being used by someone else. Try opening it again later”. The same happens if I try to open any previous versions of the library by doubleclick on the .enl file. Therefore, I cannot use my references libraries with EN 9.3.1 anymore. How to solve the problem?

If you had been using the Sync feature of EndNote with one of the libraries then you can start a new library in EndNote X9.3.1 and then use the Sync feature to download the references from your online account.

If you have not been using Sync then please contact Technical Support so they can assist you with converting the library.

1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1

or

https://endnote.com/contact/

Navigate to the .enlp file, right click, show packager contents, open the .enl file and it will then convert and ask you to save with a new name.