Sorting out alphabetically in bibliography at the end of my document

Hi, I just started using Endnote X1. I am using SBL style for my bibliography and the automated bibliography at the end of my document lists the sources by the order of their appearance rather than the alphabetical order of the authors’ last names. I have not figured out how to change it to alphabetic order. Could someone let me know? Thank you.

Have you tried the format bibliography option?

Check the Style.  (Edit Output style, SBL).  Check the sort order for both citation (which should usually be as in Bibliography) and Bibliography (which should be alphabetical). 

Thank you for your reply. I tried to edit the output style. Under “edit SBL style,” I see “Bibliography” option but I cannot open the option, as if the style is already set and I cannot do anything about it. Are you familiar with SBL style? Should I download a new file for SBL or manually set up my own style to change the order in my bibliography? Thank you for your help.

Hello,

Are you on a Mac?  If you are, when you open the output style for editing you have to click on the arrow to the left of “Bibliography” to expand the options.