Superscripting references

Hi,

I am using Vancouver style in a current paper and am unable to get the references to be superscript in the text. I know how to do it and have tried except it is not working. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks again,

Ben

Hard to say, if I don’t know how you have accomplished the change to the output style.  You should  be editing  the output style, (Citation Template, selecting the text and deleting the parentheses,  "superscripting the words “Bibliography number” with the font button), then Save As to a new name, and then in the Word document, you need to change the chosen output style there (changing it in Endnote has no effect on existing word documents, or you wouldn’t be able to work  on papers going to two different publications at the same time).

Not changing the output style name when you save-as would potentially complicate things in that  you can’t be sure which Vancouver style is selected (the installed one, oir the one you saved to the local styles folder).

I attach a Vancouver edited style (Vancouver superscripted) that you can try. 

Vancouver superscripted.ens (42.3 KB)

Hard to say, if I don’t know how you have accomplished the change to the output style (edit the output style, Citation Template, selecting the text and "superscripting the words “Bibliography number”, then Save As to a new name, and then in the Word document, you need to change the output style there (changing it in Endnote has no effect on existing word documents, or you wouldn’t be able to work  on papers going to two different publications at the same time).

Not changing the output style name means that  you can’t be sure which Vancouver style is selected (the installed one, oir the one you saved to the local styles folder).

I attach a Vancouver edited style (Vancouver superscripted) that you can try. 

Thank you Leanne, I wasn’t changing to the new style in the word document. Problem solved.