Warning (MS WORD): "Bereich kann nicht bearbeitet werden."

Every time I want to insert a reference from EndNote X8 to Word 2016 I get the warning “Bereich kann nicht bearbeitet werden”. After clickin OK, the reference is imported to Word. BUT the formating of the reference is not working at all. It looks like this {Author, Year, #232} but it should look like this: (Author, Year).

I already deinstalled and reinstalled MS Office and Endnote. I updated Endnote to Version X8.1, and I deinstalled and reinstalled the CWYW-plugin.

In other documents where I allready have citations, the editing of the existing references works (e.g. adding page-number), but when I try to add a new reference the warning “Bereich kann nicht bearbeitet werden” comes again. It feels more like a Word-Problem, than like a EndNote-problem.

I also checked the Endnote-license: its active until Dec. 2018.

Any suggesions?

Best regards

manuelito123

I had the same problem. Simply uninstall Mendeley. Helped for me.

Cheers

I had the same issue. Uninstalling Mendeley did the job for me. Hope that helps!

Hi Thomas!

Thank you very much for your hint. The problem was solved with your solution ,

mille grazie !!!

Thanks! That did the trick for me, too! However, I find it quite annoying, that I cannot use both programs in parallel…

Hello everyone!

I have actually this issue and used your hint to uninstall Mendeley. The warning “Bereich kann nicht bearbeitet werden” remains, the reference is inserted in text and the Endnote-library, but not in the reference list.

Of course, I already updated to Endnote X20 and to Word 2019.

I hope anyone can give me another hint?

Best regards

Hello everyone!

I have actually the same issue, used your hint to uninstall Mendeley, but the warning remains. The reference is inserted in text and the Endnote-library, but not in the reference list.

I already upgraded to Office 2019/Endnote X20 and running out of ideas.

Best regards