What combination of OS X, Endnote, Word just WORKS?

I am grateful for Jason’s detailed advice, which I followed carefully, but as noted in my preceding post it did not solve my problem.

I therefore await further advice on how to get Word for Mac 2011 (14.7.2) working with Endnote 8.2 on OS X 10.13.3 High Sierra, in accordance with the claims made on the compatibility webpage of Endnote 8.2 prior to my purchase.

Meanwhile, one small point: while awaiting further advice, I have been trying to see if anything I can do by way of fiddling with settings might solve this problem (that does work quite often, the only problem is that one often can’t remember exactly what the solution was!).   In the process I seem to have deleted two files, which no longer appear in the Templates and Add-ins window:

EndNote Cwyw Commands.dotm

EndNote online Cwyw Commands.dotm

I do however still have in the window:

EndNote CWYW Word 2011.bundle

I have tried restarting my Mac in the hope that the two Cwyw items will reappear, but they don’t.   How can I get them back, please?  I am sure they will be needed in the end!

This is of course a minor problem, in comparison with the huge elephant of a problem caused by the fact that (so far at least) Word 2011 and Endnote 8.2 apparently cannot be made to work together on High Sierra.   To solve that, I can only wait patiently for more advice from Jason and his colleagues.