Windows 8

I am using Windows 8 and Endnote 5. The reference manager works fine but Cite While you Write does not find references in office 2010. Will an upgrade to Endnote X6 work with Windows 8 and Word 2010? I want to check this before I spend my money.

Does anyone know if the online endnote will work with Windows 8 and Word 2010?

As of this posting thesystem specsfor EndNote X6 does not extend to Windows 8; EndNote X6 works with MS Word 2010). However check medmunds statement in this threadwho noted no problems during preliminary testing.

You could also conduct your own test by downloading the 30-day free trial versionof EndNote X6.

Thanks

I did see the post but noticed that one of the replies said that there would be an update this fall (Nov) for X6 but was wondering if that update ever happened.

Thanks for the idea of downloading the trial. I guess I would have to do that. I just hate to have to upload and then uninstall if that didn’t work.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks

I did see the post but noticed that one of the replies said that there would be an update this fall (Nov) for X6 but was wondering if that update ever happened.

Thanks for the idea of downloading the trial. I guess I would have to do that. I just hate to have to upload and then uninstall if that didn’t work.

Thanks for the reply.

A patch was released on Nov. 7, 2012 but unlike the “old” EndNote support site the download pagedoes not identify the addressed issues.

Update - when installing the patch the release notes state EndNote X6.0.1 is Windows  8 compaible:

I. RELEASE NOTES

EndNote 16.0.1 is an update release, which includes the following improvements:

* New “Find Broken Links” tool to easily identify references that contain broken links to file attachments

* Better handling of file attachment paths with character length limits

* Better handling when editing PDFs in an external reader

* Compatibility with Windows 8