Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

Word was unable to load an add-in. Your add-in isn't compatible with this version of Word. Please contact the add-in provider for an update

Hi Everyone, 

I'm seeking some urgent help please. 

I'm using a MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.2

Microsoft Wor for Mac Version: 16.8 (171210)

and 

EndNote X8.1 (Bid12930). 

The problem is that when I go into Word, I no longer have EndNote in my ribbon feed, in fact, it's not there at all. I keep getting this error message: 

"Word was unable to load an add-in. Your add-in isn't compatible with this version of Word. Please contact the add-in provider for an update. (EndNote CWYW Word 2016.bundle)"

I've been on all the help pages and followed all the instructions, but nothing I've tried has helped. I'm getting desperate! 

I really need this sorted for my Masters degree! Any help really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!!

Mentor

Re: Word was unable to load an add-in. Your add-in isn't compatible with this version of Word. Please contact the add-in provider for an update

You are a part of the Microsoft Office Insider program for Office 2016 Mac.  

see https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Word-2016-Mac-version-16-Compatibility 

(long time Endnote user)
New User

Re: Word was unable to load an add-in. Your add-in isn't compatible with this version of Word. Please contact the add-in provider for an update

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I signed up a few days back. 

Desperately needing problem solved!!

Administrator

Hello Rachel,

If you used the http://endnote.com/betasignup signup form, you would have received the new installer file and an email with instructions. The email also has the contact information for the Beta Coordinator should you need assistance with that process.

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Clarivate Analytics

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
clarivate.com
New User

Thank you for that!!!! I appreciate it very much. 

I've just gone through it again, and it's updated and now endnote is back in the ribbon!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

New User

Thanks for the info!

Manufacturer specialized in electrical contacts and industrial connectors
New User

[ Edited ]

Leanne wrote:

You are a part of the Microsoft Office Insider program for Office 2016 Mac. 

Well, I am not (macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 // Word for Mac v. 180116 // Endnote X8.1, Bid 12930) and I have the same problem. Is there a solution yet?

Mentor

I see this in another thread: http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/EndNote-General/CWYW-plugin-stops-working-after-MS-Word-updat... (I have no connection with the development or help team, just another user, like you). 

(long time Endnote user)
Visitor

Good Advice! Thank you.