X8.1 does not work anymore with Word 2016 (16.9) for Mac.

Hello,

When do you plan to upgrade the mac version in order to be compatible with Word 2016 last version?

In the meantime do not upgrade Word 16.9!!!

Flav

Hello Flav,

Please see this post:

Attention Microsoft Word 2016 Mac version 16.xx Users!

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/EndNote-General/Attention-Microsoft-Word-2016-Mac-version-16-xx-Users/td-p/145076

Apparently Jason released a note about this subject a couple of minutes ago while I was wrinting my own post. 

X8.2 compatible with Word 16.9 will shortly be released.

Good news!

Flav

Yesterday I updated my word and I have the same problem. 

For your reference: I updated my microsoft word on mac and since then EndNote plugin disapeared. 

Please let me know if there is a solution for this issue without rolling back to the previous version of word. Because that’s not the right answer or the right solution. 

If you do not wish to roll back your installation of Word and have EndNote X8, you can consider the EndNote X8 Beta release:

http://endnote.com/betasignup

Just to note that it looks like the EndNote x8 beta will not work for Site licenses. I didn’t try, but in the process of downloading the beta, EndNote sent me an email indicating that a Single User license is needed for the beta to work.

I’m half way through revising a scientific paper and word autoupdated and now I can’t use for my Endnote for my referencing on my Macbook running OS 10.13.2

I can’t use the beta version as my Endnote is a site licence.

I’ve tried to use time machine to go back to last version of Word but it comes up with cache error message. I tried deleteing caches but still didn’t work. Does anyone have any really easy instructions for how to roll back to last version of Word (I mean really idiot proof that I can follow!). 

Please can someone give me an indication of when this is going to be fixed with an update for site licence users like me. If it is only going to be a few days I will wait, otherwise I will have to look to transfer to using Mendeley and give up on EndNote. 

Thanks for all help/suggestions.

I’m half way through revising a scientific paper and word autoupdated and now I can’t use for my Endnote for my referencing on my Macbook running OS 10.13.2

I can’t use the beta version as my Endnote is a site licence.

I’ve tried to use time machine to go back to last version of Word but it comes up with cache error message. I tried deleteing caches but still didn’t work. Does anyone have any really easy instructions for how to roll back to last version of Word (I mean really idiot proof that I can follow!). 

Please can someone give me an indication of when this is going to be fixed with an update for site licence users like me. If it is only going to be a few days I will wait, otherwise I will have to look to transfer to using Mendeley and give up on EndNote. 

Thanks for all help/suggestions.

If you wish to roll back your installation of Word to version 15.41, please see the section “Downgrading Word to version 15.xx” from this article:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Word-2016-Mac-version-16-Compatibility

Thank you Jason. I’ve tried those instructions. I rolled back the Word using that link but when I reopened word it came up with an error message saying _The Microsoft Office Document Cache encountered a problem _and word needs to be restarted. I close word and reboot the macbook pro and it doesn’t clear so I can open the roll back version of Word. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

If you are using EndNote X8, you can install the update for X8.2 that was released yesterday. This official update is compatible with the Word 2016 version 16.9 release. To update EndNote, click on the EndNote menu and select “Check for Updates” then follow the on-screen prompts.

I am using a site licence X7.

Please reach out to our Technical Support team for assistance:

http://www.endnote.com/contact

Thanks Jason - I’m running Endnote 8.2 with Microsoft Word 16.9.1 on mcOS Sierra and every time I use the ‘Insert Citation’ button in Endnote my Word crashes. Anyone got a work around or a solution?

Does this happen with a new blank document? Do you receive any error message?

Hey Jason, 

Do you know if there is still a problem with endnote x8.2 and word 16.9

I am currently using endnonte. x8.2 with word version 16.9.1 and it still dosent seam to work?

Best

Martin

i have the same problem iused endnote x8.2 and word 2016.12 and when i cite it crashes so i  tried to use a blank document but it keeps on crushing.

i down graded to word 15.41 now it gives an error

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION
ExceptionEnumString: 2
Exception Code: 0x00000001 (0x00000001218d784d)
Date/Time: 2018-04-12 08:41:45 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Word
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word
Application Signature: MSWD
Application Bitness: x64
Application Version: 15.41.0.17120500
Crashed Module Name: EndNote CWYW Word 16
Crashed Module Version: 18.2.0.13302
Crashed Module Offset: 0x00000000000f4df5
Blame Module Name: EndNote CWYW Word 16
Blame Module Version: 18.2.0.13302
UnsymbolicatedChecksum: CC40C1EEA4FB7A7A0C85B0498EFE500A
Blame Module Offset: 0x00000000000f4df5
StackHash: 4042bec9242ddfe5-dm_2_main
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409
Build Type: SHIP
Crashed thread Stack Pointer: 0x_00007ffee0682550
Audience: Production
AudienceGroup: Production
AudienceChannel: CC
Crashed thread: 0

Thread 0 crashed:

it happens for me even with a new document .