import from Report Citation to endNote library

Hi all,

I have lost my  .enl file from my desktop. I have recovered following associated folders rdb , data  and trash. Is any way I can recover .enl file.

I have a report in word format and my references are also in my report. is any way we can import from word report citation to endnote library.

Thanks

Hi!

If you have saved the data folder (library name.Data) that belonged to the library, you can use notepad to create an empty file with the same name as the data folder and save it as an enl file in the same place as the data folder (library name.enl). You can now open the file with EndNotes File → Open and EndNote should now re-establish your library given that the data folder was unharmed.

See details here:

http://endnote.com/support/faqs/Database/faq8.asp

Best wishes

Jan Ove

Thanks a lot  Jan for giving this information. I have tried this but I got only 7 refernces from more 300 references.

However, I have tried the same procedure with another library and  I have got all reference backup.

I am not sure the actual reason but wondering that  Mylibraryname.data folder has pdf , rdb and trash sub folders whereas

anotherlibraryname.data has pdf , rdb  and trash folder with rdb.zip file. I want to ask this zip file makes differnce.

Please also give me idea  on the following if it possible 

How can I  put back all references which I have in my word report  that I had cited from lost library.

Hi!

In medicine (or an area where many of your articles are indexed in PubMed) we have a way of generating an EndNote import from the reference list of a Word or pdf document by using a service called HubMed Citation Finder:

http://www.hubmed.org/citation.htm

I have made a guide for this, but it is in Norwegian only (hopefully you can use the figures to understand):

http://www.ntnu.no/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=2823c2cd-2683-4231-ab1f-cb65ad9809f6&groupId=10599

The short version: You copy references from a reference list into HubMed Citation Finder, which will try to find the references in PubMed (this will not work if the reference is missing from PubMed or the reference is not an article). NB! One problem is that HubMed will report that it has found some references that is not the one originally in the reference list!! It is therefor important to check the list HubMed generates thoroughly. The resulting HubMed list can be be imported into EndNote using the RefMan import filter.

This is not a perfect methods (I have gotten a 75% sucess rate in my tests). Also note that the imported references in your library from this methods will not get the same EndNote numbers as they had originally in the manuscript and you will probably will have to go through several Select matching reference error messages to fix this in the manuscript. An alternative is to make a copy of the manuscript, remove the EndNote field codes and insert all references again from the restored library.

If you are not working in the medicine/health area, this info will probably not help you. I do not know if there are similar services available on the net for other research areas.

Best wishes

Jan Ove

Thanks I have found very easy way to get backup

There is option in MS word

Screenshot is attached .

We can make new library or add in existing from report citation

Thanks for your help in this regard