problems with synchronising references in groups

I’m working with Endnote X7.7.1 and only recently ‘discovered’ the option of synchronising to Endnote online and from that to my iPad.

My library contains 465 references in 14 different groups. All the groups that I have in my desktop version are also in the online version. However, the number of references in the groups are not synchronised between the desktop and online. Online, I still have 9 references unfiled, while I already filed those at my desktop version.

When I check the sync status, it says everyting is synchronised. As a test, I added another group and this was synchronised perfectly.

Why is de ‘location’ of the reference within the groups not synchronised?

Hope anything has an answer to this,

Thanks,

Dorien Haarsma

I would recommend contacting Technical Support:

Technical support

For help using EndNote

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)

+1-800-336-4474, press 4

via the website:

http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/techsupport/

I had another look at the references that did not synchronize correctly with regards to their groups. I realized that it was only the last changes that I made. I actually made those changes by dragging and dropping the references to other groups. When I used the menu’s in the topbar and moved the references to another group and them added them to my desired group they synchronized perfectly!

So in my humble opinion there is a bug in the desktop version with regards to adding references to groups by dragging and dropping.