"The requested Operation requires elevation"

Hi Cheyette,

I realise you message is a little old but I also had this issue and have found a couple of solutions. The dialog box that gets displayed is from the User Account Control System, I’m not sure why it has suddenly started occuring as I have also used EndNote and Word on my PC before without this problem.

1. Disable User Account Control, this can be done from the user settings in control panel and is not ideal as it also disables a load of security features.

2) Much better is to run Word as Administrator, to do this you need to go to where the Word executable is: “c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\winword.exe” and create a shortcut to it maybe on your desktop, then right click this and choose properties and under compatability you can select run as Administrator. When you run Word from this shortcut it will now prompt you for approval but the EndNote integration will work.

It must be possible to avoid all this, it is probably to do with the permissions settings on the EndNote files that get installed into Word. Maybe a fresh install of both would fix this issue but then EndNote is always a bit of a nightmare to get working properly anyway.

I’m a bit disappointed with Thomson, you posted here a long time ago and I emailed them last week and no one has provided a solution. Maybe it is somewhere in the FAQ or something so they can’t be bothered to answer.

Cheers

ed