"no matching references found" while searching in my library

Hi,

I have the same problem and would be very interested in how you solved it last year? :smiley:

I can neither search for references by author/keyword/any field without the error message ā€œno matching references foundā€ (although I am sure, as you were, that I certainly have these references in my library! I look at the list, search for an entry, that I can see at the same timeā€¦ā€œno matching references foundā€ :confounded:).

Nor can I create new Smart Groups, which are not empty, or use old Smart Groups (rules are still ā€œthereā€, but no references anymore, although they had at least 10 references in each Smart Group). The only groups still existing are the ones that I created manually (before knowing how Smart Groups work).

I even tried creating a new Smart Group with/ and searching for my most favorite keyword, which just indicates whether I already read the literature or just added it to my EndNote file (so this is a keyword like ā€œreadā€ and applied most often in my library and I already had a Smart Group for thatā€¦but guessā€¦)ā€¦still nothing is working.:cry:

I am totally frustrated, I have to write a chapter for my PhD for which I read literature in the last weeks, but also last yearā€¦searching for the references from last year by scrolling down through the whole reference list would take a lot of time.

Please help me! So far, I really preferred EndNote to any other literature organizing program, but at the moment I hate it, I stood up extra early today and was extremely motivated to write this chapter (which doesnā€™t happen a lot these daysā€¦), I was even earlier in the office than my early-bird-office-matesā€¦just wanted to create a Smart Group for one subchapterā€¦aaaand motivation gone, because EndNote wasnā€™t working as it should beā€¦when my office mates came in, I was already in the mood for heading home again :angry: still stayed very longā€¦but didnā€™t write a single word :angry:

Thousands of thanks to anybody, who could offer a solution!!! :heart:

1 Like