syncing problem on 2nd computer

Hi, there

Am new to endnote. Just set up sync for my home computer and work computer (at school) via endnote web. I watched the training video on you tube (which is very helpful). I managed to sync all my smart group, but rather stragne, not all reference to my 2nd computer (i.e. the school computer). The ref on my home computer and web account are identical, but not on my 2nd computer. For instance, I have a total of 80 ref (on my home computer and web account), but only 48 are synced to my school computer. I wonder what happens. 

Pls help!!!

I am using Endnote X7, and the two computers are mac (OS mavericks)

Greetings,

Sorry to hear about the EndNoteSync issue you’re facing.  If your home computer and EndNote online accounts match, but the count on the work machine doesn’t, I’d suggest creating a blank library on your work machine and try to sync with that new library once more.  To do so:

1.  Be sure to close any existing EndNote library before proceeding.

2.  In EndNote, click “File>New”.

3.  Give this new library a unique name and choose a location on your hard drive where this new library will continue to reside.  Once you’ve settled on a name and location, press “Save”.

4.  With the new library window showing, click “Tools>Sync”.

5.  You’re going to receive a message about this library being different than the library you had attempted to sync beforehand- approve this prompt by clicking “OK”.

After clicking OK, EndNote will attempt to copy all records and file attachments from your EndNote online account.  Please let me know if the EndNoteSync process gets stuck again before being able to copy down all records by replying to this forum post. 

Best Regards,

Jimmy M.

Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support

thomsonreuters.com

Hi,

I have experienced the same problem as the original poster, so I tried going through the steps that you described here. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. When i click Sync, I get an error message saying this:

A “Sync” error has occurred (0).

Consult EndNote documentation or Help for more information.

Could you help me with this problem?

I’m using the latest version of EndNote (7.1?), updated it today.

Greetings Johanna,

I do apologize for the EndNoteSync issue you’ve described.  I’ve created a case for your issue and you should be receiving a message from me in the inbox associated with the email address you’ve registered for your EndNote user forum account.  If you don’t receive the mentioned email, please let me know by replying to this forum post. 

Best Regards,

Jimmy M.

Thomson Reuters

thomsonreuters.com

Hello

I have the same problem as Johanna. Can you please help me?

endnote a “sync” error has occurred (0)

Thanks

Kim

kimxdriesen@gmail.Com

Greetings Kim,

I do apologize for the EndNoteSync issue you have described.  I’ve created a case for your issue and you should be receiving a message from me in the inbox associated with the email address that you’ve registered for your EndNote user forum account.  If you don’t receive the mentioned email, please let me know by replying to this forum post. 

Best Regards,

Jimmy M.

Thomson Reuters

thomsonreuters.com

What does the:

endnote a “sync” error has occurred (0)

Error message mean?

Greetings Torgrim,

EndNoteSync errors can be ambiguous, indicating a variety of underlying issues.  Typically, it’s best that a user encountering an EndNoteSync error get in touch with Technical Support so that we can guide the user through creating EndNoteSync log files that will help idenitfy the specific cause of the related EndNoteSync error.  Please let me know if you’re encountering this issue yourself and I can create a Technical Support case for further troubleshooting efforts.

Please let me know what you find. 

Best Regards,

Jimmy M.

Thomson Reuters

thomsonreuters.com

Hi,

I have the same problem. 

EndNote says: A “Sync” error has occurred (0).

Could you also help me?

Best wishes

Greetings BTS,

In order to troubleshoot your EndNoteSync issue further I have just created a Technical Support case for you.  If you don’t receive the mentioned email message for any reason, please let me know by replying to this same forum thread.

Hello,

I just updated my Endnote to version X7.3.1 and now I get this message during the synchronising process:

“A “Sync” error has occured (20).”

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks.

call support  www.endnote.com/support

@wings666 wrote:

Hi, there

Am new to endnote. Just set up sync for my home computer and work computer (at school) via endnote web. I watched the training video on you tube (which is very helpful). I managed to sync all my smart group, but rather stragne, not all reference to my 2nd computer (i.e. the school computer). The ref on my home computer and web account are identical, but not on my 2nd computer. For instance, I have a total of 80 ref (on my home computer and web account), but only 48 are synced to my school computer. I wonder what happens. 

Pls help!!!

I am using Endnote X7, and the two computers are mac (OS mavericks)

Same problem here. only now i can’t even open the shared library on my home computer!

Hi,

Same problem here as most other people. Error message when trying to sync on 2nd computer. Not sure how to proceed!

Cheers,

Sam.

Greetings Sam,

After receving the EndNoteSync error on your second computer, click “Sync Status…” found on the left side of your library window and let me know the exact “Error Code:” / “Error Message:” shown here.

I am receiving this same error message and have been unable to sync my online account to my desktop accounts (two computers).

At this point, the files on both of my computers are corrupt, and my endnote online account is the only intact copy of my library. Can you please help me allevaite my issues?

I am getting error message (0).

Thank you for your help

Greetings gmillow,

Sorry to hear about your EndNoteSync issue!  Typically, I’ve found that closing/reopening the EndNote application will resolve this particular EndNoteSync error message.  However, if doesn’t work for you, we should be able to workaround the issue by creating a new desktop library to sync with.  You can do so by choosing File>New… within EndNote itself.  Please be sure to give this new library a unique name, and make certain that you’re not saving the library with a folder that is being synced by another utility.  Once the new library window appears, you can click Tools>Sync, then accept the warning indicating that you’re attempting to sync a library that is different than the last.

Please let me know if this works for you.

HI I am having the same problem. My Endnote fails to sync with the following error message: a ‘sync’ error has occured (6). Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks