Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New User
0 Kudos

Word Can't Find Citation

Hello,

I have recently downloaded the new EndNote and my Word Document can't find the citation of any NEW references that I have imported from PubMed.

Word is still able to find my old references.

When I go to my EndNote Library I can see the new citation has been imported though again it can't be found when I try Cite it in the Word Doc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kristian

Highlighted
Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Word Can't Find Citation

[ Edited ]

Hi Kristian,

If you searched Pubmed from EndNote, then the imported references are in an online references library, not your local library. You need to copy the references (either using the Copy to Local Library button or via References menu) to your local library, then they will become available for writing and citing.

Kind regards

Patti

Highlighted
New User
0 Kudos

Re: word does not find my library when using EnfNote Online

Hi Stella! 

I have been struggling with the same problem and solved it by switching from "Endnote online" to just "Endnote".

I created a new Endnote library on my computer and wanted to copy citations from there to Word. However, when I searched for my citation with the "Insert citation" tool in Word, nothing came up and looked like the library was empty. 

I then discovered that in the "Preferences/Applications" tab in Endnote ribbon in Word that my preferences were set to "online account" and not "local Endnote library". Apparently I didn't have any libraries in the Online account. After switching to "local Endnote library" in that menu I found all my citations. 

Hope this helps!

Kamila