1 citation per page at the end...

I am using Endnote X.0.0 and there is a problem with a set of references, which generally  are located towards end of the document. In my word file, I have around 200 citations imported from Endnote. But towards end of the document, there is only one citation on each page. So basically, for two hundred citations it is taking 200 pages. One citation at the top of the page, then rest of the page is blank and second citation on the second page…

Please give suggestions, what could be done? My 200 page document is 400 page document now, because for 200 references, it is taking 200 pages. Also, is this a problem because of Endnote or Word?  

If the last paragraph in the document is a heading that is formatted to start on a new page (“References” for example) it may be that your references have usurped that paragraph information.  I don’t think more recent versions of EndnoteX4 suffer from this, but EndnoteX did.  Since it is hard to select all the bibliography since it is 200 pages long, I would unformat the whole document which may still need you to manually delete the residual bibliography.  after that, make sure there is a paragraph after the references heading, and format that paragraph so there are no breaks (page break before) boxes selected.  Now reformat the paper with your chosen style and turn the CWYW back on from the second tab, if you want it on.  All fixed? 

Hi, 

Unfortunately, Endnote X4 also suffers from this problem. I have an extra 100page at the end of my document for 100 cited articles. I will follow the advice given above to fix the problem.

@leanne wrote:

If the last paragraph in the document is a heading that is formatted to start on a new page (“References” for example) it may be that your references have usurped that paragraph information.  I don’t think more recent versions of EndnoteX4 suffer from this, but EndnoteX did.  Since it is hard to select all the bibliography since it is 200 pages long, I would unformat the whole document which may still need you to manually delete the residual bibliography.  after that, make sure there is a paragraph after the references heading, and format that paragraph so there are no breaks (page break before) boxes selected.  Now reformat the paper with your chosen style and turn the CWYW back on from the second tab, if you want it on.  All fixed?