Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mentor

Re: Adding a university study guide?

That "and" and "&" are not going to be possible automatically.  You will have to write out the author names or drag and drop it from the conventionally formated citation and then hide the author via the edit citation right click option and then replace the & with the word and manually when necessary.  Even in Endnote X5 there is no way to treat the two differently and this option might be something the developers might want to consider looking at for future upgrades I guess.   

(long time Endnote user)
New User

I am required to use 'and' when listing two authors in the text but if in brackets, it needs to be '&'. I cant figure out how to do that either. At the moment it is 'and' all the way through. Thank you.

Lm
Mentor

It isn't possible to do different things depending on whether the (Author, Year) or Author (Year) citation template is chosen.  You have to do one or the other.  The work around would be to use the manual edit, where you hide authors and type them in, as you want them to appear.  

Which publisher's instructions are you trying to match?  If you have an example, you can have the publisher ask Endnote's company, Clarivate to adjust the program to meet their requirements.  

(long time Endnote user)