All references being displayed as surnames not Government Depts etc no matter what reference type I select

Hi

I am hoping someone will be able to help me please.

I am a mac user with Endnote 7.3.1 and have an annoying problem ever since I updated the software.

All references are showing as surname no matter what reference type I select so for example DSM is showing as 

Association, A. P. (2003). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders:: DSM-5: ManMag.

instead of

American Psychiatric, A., & American Psychiatric Association, D. S. M. T. F. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders : DSM-5 (Fifth edition. ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing.

any ideas greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

thanks in advance

Can’t understand why it is a problem since you updated.  The solution has always been to add a comma at the end of the author in the record itself?  

(oh and if it contains a comma, in the name itself, you need to enter a double comma  – but citations may not reflect what you want then, and you may need to use the hide author and ensert the way you want it to look manually. )