Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Ambiguous citation not working correctly

Yes this is the bug the entire thread is about.  Either use the online version to format, contact Tech support to have them format it for you or contact the beta coordinator for access to the beta fix via email at:

endnote.betacoordinator [at] thomsonreuters.com

(long time Endnote user)
Highlighted
New User

Rick,

Do you have any idea as to when a patch will be released? I am using a custom citation style, so I cannot use EndNote online, and I would rather not send the document to your tech staff or install the beta version.  Alternatively, are there any other workarounds?

Thanks.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

We are preparing to deploy an X7.3.1 patch to fix the ambiguous citation issue early next week. Therefore we are no longer sending out pre-release copies.

If you are under a deadline and need help formatting, please contact tech support. Thank you for all of your input, which helped us to resolve the problem.

Best regards,

Sharon

Highlighted
New User

Hello! I am interested in testing this option. I am currently using Windows on a desktop. My email address is elly1@ualberta.ca

Thanks!

Highlighted
Mentor

I highly recommend removing a direct email link as they can be harvested by spammers.  put in things like at and [.dot]  to make it more difficult (or edit msg and delete it if they have contacted you already).  

(long time Endnote user)
Highlighted
New User

Hi there, I am having the same problem with Endnote X7.7 with the citations appearing out of order no matter what I try to do and sort order I use.  Has a patch been developed as promised in 2015? My document is for a masters at university and look ridiculous with (Royce 2011b) at the beginning of it and infront of (Royce 2011a).

regards Belinda

Highlighted
Mentor

This thread is about a bug which used the wrong letters entirely, which was fixed.  You want something that is specified by publishers, to contravene what they define as ordering rules.  You can read a discussion here for workarounds, but you should check with your university if they want what you esthetically prefer.  

http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/EndNote-General/Ambiguous-citations/m-p/29629#M6606  

(long time Endnote user)
Highlighted
New User

Can you sneak by with one of the other output styles?  Man Sad

Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
New User

I'm experiencing this same issue - Windows 7 home. 32 Bit.

How do I get the beta release?

Highlighted
Mentor

What issue?  The bug skipping letters in the original post was corrected long ago.  The ordering of citations isn't a bug.  

(long time Endnote user)