Bibliography template issues

I’m having some trouble trying to get a few citations appear correctly in my bibliography.  For example, several of them will have (Singer-songwriter) after the author name.  Attached is a clip of what it looks like in the bibliography (generic output), plus a pic of what I want it to look like (I just typed it up, it’s not done using endnote [correct output])

Below is a copy and paste from the generic template.  Please note it is not the only template which inserts singer-songwriter after the author, but it’s just one example.  

Author. (Year). Title| (Subsidiary Author, Trans.)|. In| Secondary Author (Ed.),^(Eds.),| Secondary Title| (|Edition ed., Vol. Volume, pp. Pages|)|. Place Published|: Publisher|. (Reprinted from: Reprint Edition)|.

Thanks for any assistance!

CC

Edit: Using x9  :slight_smile:

I would need some additional information to assist.

What output style are you using in the document?

What Reference Type are these references that show up with (Singer-songwriter) after the author name ?

Does the same thing happen with these references in a new document when using a different output style like Numbered?

If you need a faster response you might want to contact Technical Support directly:

1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1

or

https://endnote.com/contact/

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reponse.  Calling not so easy, as I don’t live in North America, so answers below.  

What output style are you using in the document? APA 6th

What Reference Type are these references that show up with (Singer-songwriter) after the author name ? The example below is a generic type, but it happens with others too, e.g., multimedia application—here’s the script for it (sorry, don’t know what the technical term is—App Title. (Year). Rights Holder| (Version Version)| [Mobile application software]|. Retrieved from URL

Does the same thing happen with these references in a new document when using a different output style like Numbered? Yes it does, I tried with Numbered and APA 6th Sentence Style

CC

Since the issue happens with different styles it sounds like the songwriter information is in a field in the reference.

If you find that reference in the library and double click and see if (Singer-songwriter) is entered in the author field.

Here is the template for Generic in the Numbered style.

Author, Title, in Secondary Title|, Secondary Author, Editor^Editors|. Year|, Publisher|: Place Published|. p. Pages|.

You do need see any field set to be inside ( ) so if information is showing up with ( ) then it must be coming from the references itself.

Here are the steps to be sure you are changing the output style in the document.

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Changing-Output-Styles-Within-a-Document?language=en_US

In addtion to phone support we do have chat and email support as well.

https://endnote.com/contact/

Search for songwriter in the library (“any field”).  

and what is the output ref type for the record that is showing that information?  It only would use “generic” if it didn’t match an existing APA 6th ref type template, unless those records have “singer/songwriter” in them?  I don’t see an APA blibliography template with those words in it though.  

Vancouver-square brackets.zip (4.22 KB)

Thanks Tony, I followed the instructions for the output style within my word document and the generic template is now without singer/songwriter (though it does have some other issue!  ;)   My Uni had created it’s own APA output style in an earlier version, and for some reason, their generic APA template must have included the Singer/songwriter, and that was the one it was defaulting to in all of my documents.  I didn’t even notice that is was the one it was defaulting to.  Within endnote itself I had only chosen APA 6th, but the other style still appears.  I’ll search for how to delete it so it doesn’t keep happening.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

CC